5 Steps for Letting Go
Letting go is about accepting what is happening right now, and not worrying about what will come up tomorrow.
Fully accepting the situation as it is without constantly wishing it would be different, is the way to get on the road of being OK. And this isn’t limited to accepting situations. We have to start to accepting people for who they are as well.
Remember, everyday we have a choice to keep on holding on just a little longer, or conclude that today is the day we will finally let go.
What do you want to let go of? …. him? …anger?… fear?… an unhealthy relationship? … resentment?…judgment?… sadness? … codependency? … the need to self-sabotage? … the past?… the need to be right?… the need to control?… guilt? …the need to ask for advice?…addiction? … the need to be a victim? …
Think about it, … what in your life, is no longer serving you?
HOW TO LET GO?
Here’s a 5 step process you can work through to loosen the grip and “let go”:
- Close your eyes and take ten deep breaths to calm and center yourself. Just allow your body to breathe however it needs to.
- When you feel calm, think about the thing you want to let go of, the thing you want to release. Feel the feelings that come up. Don’t hold anything back.
- Focus on the strongest feeling. Exactly where do you feel it in your body? All emotions create homes in our bodies which create physical sensations (pain, heat, cold, numbness, tightness, etc.).
- Open your eyes and start writing whatever comes up for you in a journal. Pen and paper work best for this process (no electronics).
- In your journal, answer these questions: What do you want to let go of? What patterns would you rather not repeat? Can you see the difficult experience differently? What would you gain by letting go of this particular issue?
This process is like peeling an onion. In order to give your subconscious mind time to work, repeat this process on a weekly basis until you feel that you can truly let go and move forward.
However, it is not so easy for everyone, to just LET GO and move forward, and that’s why I want to offer you my coaching services, to support you. Together we’ll develop the correct attitude, discover what is holding you back, how to come into the present, and work on the habits that are limiting you, so that you can enjoy what is unfolding right in front of you, and you can have the life you want !
Wish you Love, Strength, Freedom, Health and Success !